What Types of Damages Can Be Recovered in Civil Rights Cases?
Clients who choose to pursue justice by filing civil rights lawsuits may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Funerals and survivors’ benefits
- Emotional pain, suffering, and distress / mental health treatment
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Retroactive salary, overtime pay, benefits, and bonuses
Reach out to our reliable legal team a Burnham Douglass Attorneys At Law today to discuss your case so we can determine all of your options under the law and get to work devising a strong legal strategy to fight for your rights.
Have you been treated unfairly at work because of your age, race, religion, or gender? Have you suffered life-altering injuries that were inflicted by police officers when you were arrested? If so, reach out to our seasoned civil rights lawyers at Burnham Douglass Attorneys At Law to get valuable advice for recovering damages related to your civil rights offense.
We make it our goal to uphold your constitutional rights, and we will fiercely fight for all of the protections you are entitled to under the law:
- First Amendment: Protects free speech, but it does not impact the ability of private citizens and organizations to punish or limit speech
- Fourth Amendment: Protects against unreasonable searches and seizures
- Fifth Amendment: Protects people against self-incrimination
- Thirteenth Amendment: Protects against involuntary servitude
- Fourteenth Amendment: Explicitly prohibits states from violating an individual's rights of due process and equal protection.
Our firm can skillfully guide you through your civil rights case and provide the reliable legal counsel you need to protect your best interests. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to determine if you have a case for a constitutional violation or another type of civil rights issue that is impacting you.