When an employer fails to pay the agreed-upon wage for your hours of work, then it may be time to file a wage claim. A wage claim is a legal action you take against your employer to demand your pay. Learn more about how to file a wage claim in the state of New Jersey below.

Different Types Of Wage Claim Forms

There are multiple different wage complaint forms to fill out depending on the occupation in which the wage dispute occurred.

  • MW-31A: This is the general form used if you are working for a company in New Jersey and you were not paid your complete wages.
  • MW-31B: This is the form used if you were working in construction and were not paid your complete wages.
  • MW-310T: This is the form used if you are a healthcare worker and were not paid your complete wages.

Class Actions Lawsuits

Fighting for your rightful pay may seem like a daunting task that is out of our control, but this is untrue. One way those affected have worked to accomplish this is by utilizing class action lawsuits.

Class action lawsuits occur when a group of individuals who have been affected in similar ways files a single lawsuit to seek compensation as a group. While these are often filed against manufacturers whose negligence has caused injuries to consumers, they can also be highly effective for employees seeking just compensation.

One of the primary benefits of these lawsuits is they do not cost nearly as much as filing an individual claim, rather the costs are split between all of the plaintiffs.

Who to Consult With When Filing a Wage Claim

Filing a wage claim can be an overwhelming process. Enlisting the help of an experienced attorney can take away much of the stress and confusion found during the process. The team at Burnham Douglass Attorneys At Law is dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate services to help you recover what you are owed.

To find out more about how we can help you, contact us through our website or give us a call at 856-751-5505 to schedule your consultation today!