New Jersey Divorce Attorneys
Compassionate & Reliable Divorce Lawyers in Marlton NJ & Northfield
Divorce is already one of the most difficult experiences in one’s life. Every aspect of your previous lifestyle must be adjusted to accommodate your new situation including negotiating child custody arrangements, seeking a new residence, and dividing up your financial assets. Your emotional state may influence the decisions you make if you do not consider your future with a clear head and the assistance of a knowledgeable and objective legal professional. Our team at Burnham Douglass Attorneys at Law can be your source of clarity and guidance.
We can guide you through all the complex aspects of divorce, including:
- Determining a fair solution to divide marital assets, properties, investments, businesses, pensions, and more
- Negotiating alimony/spousal support
- Navigating the tax implications of your divorce
- Resolving custody disputes, especially if one spouse decides to relocate
If you have children or significant assets, you will be facing unique circumstances and a potentially complex divorce proceeding. It is critical that you fully understand all your legal options when arranging the most vital components of your life such as your children, property, and financial assets.
We Have a Stellar Reputation
Families and business owners throughout New Jersey choose our legal professionals to handle their divorce matters for the following reasons and more:
- We are licensed in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, D.C., Virginia, and North Carolina
- Our firm has more than 60 years of combined experience
- We work one-on-one with our clients and treat their issues with urgency
- Our firm offers free consultations for family law cases
- We speak Spanish and Portuguese
- We care deeply about our clients' concerns and the work we do to protect their rights
Are There Different Types of Divorce in New Jersey?
There are a variety of options when it comes to divorcing a spouse, including:
- At-Fault Divorce: The grounds for a fault-based divorce in New Jersey include adultery, desertion, institutionalization, imprisonment, prolonged drug or alcohol abuse, and deviant sexual conduct. Spouses filing for a divorce on one of these grounds must provide adequate proof of the behavior in order to be granted the divorce.
- No-Fault Divorce: Divorces filed on the basis of irreconcilable differences or after a separation do not require either party to prove the other was at fault for the breakdown of the marriage. As a result, divorce proceedings are generally easier and less costly than fault-based divorce cases.
- Annulment: An annulment can effectively void a marriage under certain conditions, such as if one or both parties were intoxicated or otherwise incapacitated at the time they were wed. Other circumstances may also provide a valid reason for an annulment.
Business Divorce Cases
Our firm proudly serves business owners throughout New Jersey who need legal advice to ensure their operation and investments are protected from their ex-spouses. Whether you own a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, we understand the importance of ensuring your divorce doesn’t impact your business interests. We can guide you through the legal process and advocate for you if your spouse tries to claim they are entitled to partial ownership or control of your business. We are familiar with the legal strategies and arguments that result in success in these types of cases, and we are prepared to vigorously defend all of your rights as a business owner.
We Proudly Handle Same-Sex Divorce Cases
In the eyes of the law, same-sex unions are treated no differently than any other marriage. However, there may be complexities in regards to child custody, support, and other divorce issues. For this reason, it is highly advisable for those in the LGBTQ community who are seeking divorce to consult a divorce lawyer with experience handling the unique issues surrounding same-sex divorces.
Let Us Get to Work on Your Divorce Case Today
At our firm, we understand what is at stake. You could lose your hard-earned assets or even compromise the quality time that you spend with your child if a divorce doesn’t work out in your favor. We know that our clients are facing a tremendous amount of stress, which is why we work hard to help them secure the best possible results.
Our goal is always to make the process as easy and free of stress as possible. We are known for offering sound, practical, and effective advice to clients from start to finish. If you are looking for a compassionate, honest, and experienced divorce attorney in Marlton or Northfield to help you get through your divorce, then turn to Burnham Douglass Attorneys At Law today.
Philip S. Burnham, II View Profile
Michelle J. Douglass View Profile
Dr. Keith W. Diener View Profile
Brooke Knorr View Profile
Michael O'Brien View Profile
Monica Chris-Luca View Profile
Maria Andreina Fernandez View Profile
Maria Alexandra Fernandez View Profile
Jennifer Agnoni View Profile
Gabriella Zito View Profile
Diane Burnham View Profile
I am forever thankful for the legal help Ms. Michelle and Mr. Burnham did for my case.- Samantha V.
Michelle and Phil are excellent attorneys.- Paige B.
I am forever thankful for the legal help Ms. Michelle and Mr. Burnham did for my case.- S.V.
I could not have been more pleased with the firm or our result.- Michelle M.C.
Both Michelle and Phil made me feel like I was a family member they were representing.- Robert K. Petroski
After meeting Michelle, she gave me the confidence I needed to fight for what I deserved.- Maria Marino
I never knew compassion, value and honesty could exist in an attorney until I met Philip.- Dan
She was always very prompt in her follow-up and developed a winning strategy for me.- James Runyon
Michelle Douglass is a straight shooter and fights for your rights.- Dave Daniels
Phil's service exceeded my expectations and I found him to be more responsive and sensitive to my situation than the previous lawyer I had used.- Abby
We approach each client with compassion, empathy and care.
We have an in-depth understanding of the law and how it relates to your unique case.
We will provide you with the personal attention your case deserves.
We offer video, after hour and weekend appointments for your convenience.
We deliver high-quality legal work because we handle select cases.
We have been serving the needs of our clients for over 30 years and are dedicated to your success.