New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys
Working to Recover Maximum Compensation for Injury Victims
An accident can happen in the blink of an eye, potentially changing your life forever. When it’s caused by the reckless or negligent behaviors of a third party, you have a right to the resources you need to recover, and you deserve to be compensated for your pain and suffering. You may face a long road to recovery. You may miss time at work. Even the simplest responsibilities may become challenging or impossible. In such cases, taking legal action is necessary to recover the financial compensation you need to make as full a recovery as possible.
The term “personal injury” is most commonly used to refer to a type of lawsuit in which the person bringing the suit has suffered harm to his or her body or mind. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the following expenses, and more:
- Medical evaluations
- Medical treatment
- Travel to and from medical appointments
- Home modifications when necessary
- Medical equipment
- Lost wages, past and future
- Psychological counseling
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
For your best chance at maximum compensation, you’ll need an experienced, proven lawyer on your side. That’s where we come in. Burnham Douglass Attorneys at Law is backed by 60+ years of collective experience and countless professional awards and accolades. We know how to fight and win all types of injury cases, and we want to help you recover as fully as possible.
To contact a New Jersey personal injury lawyer at our office for a free consultation, call (856) 512-1461 or submit an online contact form here. Our legal services are provided on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay until we win you case.
Personal injury cases are devastating because they very often leave the victim seriously injured, debilitated, or otherwise incapable of living life as they once they knew it. At Burnham Douglass Attorneys at Law, we want to ease that burden as much as possible by fighting to secure the maximum compensation available to you in your recovery.
We commonly handle the following types of personal injury cases in New Jersey:
- Car Accidents – Some of the most traumatic injuries are sustained in car accidents, almost all of which could have been avoided had property safety precautions and driving practices been followed by everyone on the road. Whether your injury was caused by another driver, a vehicle defect, or for another reason outside of your control, we want to help you take legal action to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
- Truck Accidents – The size, weight, and speed at which trucks travel on our roadways means there is great potential for harm when they are involved in accidents. All too often, we find that these accidents are caused by unsafe driving practices, rushed deliveries, too many hours on the road, drug use, or worse. As such, we work tirelessly to uncover the true cause of the truck accident and hold the negligent parties accountable.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents – Pedestrians and bicycle riders are especially susceptible to motor vehicle accidents and are often seriously injured when an accident occurs. Appropriate financial support is needed to help victims thrive in recovery.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – A serious fall, either from a height or because of unsafe walking surface conditions, can result in tragedy. Common causes of fall-down accidents include poor lighting, cracked or worn sidewalks, improperly maintained parking lots, and slippery floors caused by spills that were not cleaned up properly.
- Construction Accidents – Common construction site accidents include electrocution, falls, caught-between, and struck-by accidents, among others. These accidents often lead to debilitating, life-altering injuries that will persist for the rest of the victim’s lifetime.
- Medical Malpractice – You deserve the highest standard of medical care, but all too often the doctors, nurses, and other medical providers with whom we entrust our health fall short of providing the professional duty of care owed to you. If your health and well-being suffered because of medical negligence, we can help.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have an obligation to maintain safe conditions. When they fail in that duty, people can get hurt and premises liability lawsuits can ensue.
- Nursing Home Abuse – When a loved one suffers at the hands of nursing home staff or other residents, we step up to protect their rights and uphold the law.
- Birth Injury – The time before, during, and immediately after delivery are critical to an infant’s well-being. When injury occurs, it’s often due to medical negligence, and the impact can last a lifetime.
- Defective Products – Defective motor vehicle parts, medications, toys, or any other defective products can cause great harm. If you purchased a defective product that went to market when it shouldn’t have, we can help you hold the manufacturer and/or retailer accountable.
- Wrongful Death – When someone dies due to another person’s recklessness, negligence, or wrongdoing, loved ones are left behind to suffer. We pursue justice for the surviving family members of victims who lost their lives too early.
Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers at Burnham Douglass Attorneys at Law will proudly serve as your advocates and protectors in your personal injury case. We understand that your case is unique, and that your needs will be unique as well. We will uphold your rights in an ethical, professional manner, always striving to resolve your case with the best possible outcome.
When you have a question or a suggestion, our team will address it quickly. We will constantly draw on our broad range of experience to build a strong case with your best interests in mind, to maximize your success.
We approach each client with compassion, empathy and care.
We have an in-depth understanding of the law and how it relates to your unique case.
We will provide you with the personal attention your case deserves.
We offer video, after hour and weekend appointments for your convenience.
We deliver high-quality legal work because we handle select cases.
We have been serving the needs of our clients for over 30 years and are dedicated to your success.
I am forever thankful for the legal help Ms. Michelle and Mr. Burnham did for my case.- Samantha V.
Michelle and Phil are excellent attorneys.- Paige B.
I am forever thankful for the legal help Ms. Michelle and Mr. Burnham did for my case.- S.V.
I could not have been more pleased with the firm or our result.- Michelle M.C.
Both Michelle and Phil made me feel like I was a family member they were representing.- Robert K. Petroski
After meeting Michelle, she gave me the confidence I needed to fight for what I deserved.- Maria Marino
I never knew compassion, value and honesty could exist in an attorney until I met Philip.- Dan
She was always very prompt in her follow-up and developed a winning strategy for me.- James Runyon
Michelle Douglass is a straight shooter and fights for your rights.- Dave Daniels
Phil's service exceeded my expectations and I found him to be more responsive and sensitive to my situation than the previous lawyer I had used.- Abby