We Advocate For What Matters Most
Cape May County is part of the Ocean City metropolitan statistical area. Ocean City is one of the County’s popular vacation destinations. The picturesque city has beaches, a boardwalk with shops, eateries, and amusement park rides.
Our firm is pleased to offer residents in Cape May County comprehensive family law legal services.
Family Law Services We Offer at Burnham Douglass
Burnham Douglass represents clients in a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Adoption: For over 60 years, our firm has been uniting families through the adoption journey. We provide legal assistance with international, domestic, stepparent, foster-parent adoptions, adoptions by same-sex couples, and adoptions via an agency.
- Child custody: Child custody arrangements can include sole physical custody, joint physical custody, sole legal custody, and joint legal custody. Burnham Douglass works closely with families to help achieve the best possible arrangement for their circumstances.
- Child support: It is common to need a child support agreement, enforce it, or modify an existing support order. Our family law lawyers can protect the best interests of your children.
- College contribution: Divorce can become contentious when spouses fail to reach financial agreements regarding their children. This makes it essential to have experienced legal counsel in college contribution matters.
- Divorce: Our state’s divorce process typically allows marriages to end with an at-fault divorce, a no-fault divorce, or an annulment. All kinds of divorces can get complicated, particularly in cases where legal problems involve child custody, distribution of assets, and financial support.
- Domestic violence: Domestic violence matters are some of the most complex and emotional. Our lawyers advocate for clients in domestic violence cases involving physical, psychological, emotional, and economic abuse.
- Emancipation: Emancipation occurs when a child is no longer legally considered to be under the care and dependence of a parent. It also involves eligibility for all parental financial support. Our firm represents clients in court for consideration of all circumstances regarding families and their children’s best interests.
- Parenting time: Visitation and parenting rights are crucial to any family law matter involving children. For single parents or those going through a divorce, our team protects clients’ rights when establishing custody, parenting time, or visitation agreements.
- Modifications: We understand that your family’s circumstances can change. We are prepared to help with any divorce modification. It is common to need modifications related to alimony, child custody, spousal support, and parenting time.
- Prenuptial agreements: Countless couples use prenuptial agreements to distribute their marital assets and debts if a marriage dissolves. Our team assists clients in creating, modifying, and challenging prenuptial agreements.
- Relocation: Divorced parents often relocate for various reasons, including employment, remarriage, or a more affordable cost of living. If you are going through a relocation dispute, you should retain legal representation.
- Visitation rights: Most family law cases involve complex issues, including child custody and visitation disputes. Our team can help you resolve any dispute regarding your visitation rights as a parent or grandparent.
Why Should You Hire Burnham Douglass for Your Family Law Case?
At Burnham Douglass, we understand that many family law matters are sensitive and stressful. This is particularly true when children are involved. Our legal team can take over the details and help you navigate your case, no matter how complex.
We provide unparalleled representation to every client. We will strive to ease your stress and ensure a smooth legal process.
Cape May County Family Law Lawyers at Burnham Douglass Can Help You Today
Our experienced Cape May County family law lawyers at Burnham Douglass value the relationships they build with their clients. We are proud to offer many family law services. Call 856-751-5505 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Marlton and Northfield, New Jersey, we serve clients in South Jersey, including Evesham Township, Cherry Hill, Camden County, Burlington County, and Atlantic City.